Pictures/Video

Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday, November 1


Howdy everyone!
The boy I mentioned a few days ago has ascending paralysis. This means that the paralyzed nerve starts in feet and goes up the leg. Now he can't control his knee joint. We are treating him with steroids. He should be fine but he definitely had us puzzled for a while.
2 births happened this morning in the clinic. I was late and only caught the end of the second one.
Sonna is another volunteer. She did CPR on a young boy yesterday for 3 hours and then he died suddenly. She was pretty distraught about it.
I am getting pretty good at drug injections but even better at washing my clothes and hanging on clothes line:) haha
A lady came into clinic today with very late stage malaria and was shaking uncontrollably. Hopefully she pulls through. We get several malaria and HIV patients each day. 
Giving kids injections is so hard! They scream like they are dying and we have to hold some of them down:/ I plan on going to a larger hospital next week, Tigoni Hospital.
Sunday I will be going to Brother Kamwati's church and hopefully will be going to Brother Jimmy Kalonzo's church next week.
Lord willing, I will be speaking twice on the Seven Seals with the young people in the weeks following.
Last night, Thursday, had a wonderful mid-week service at Kikuyu church. Brother Anthony spoke on "Have You Recognized Your Message?"


Before....



During...


AFTER.
Yep, those are all mine:) All I can say is thank God for mothers.... And washing machines!=)




African sound system:) if only our's was this simple!:)

That is one big bull horn. Brother Anthony preaching Thursday Evening in Kikuyu.
I walked to church (just a few miles). Everything is safe here as long as you are cautious and it isn't dark outside.

Wisdom Tooth extraction:) I won't complain about my wisdom tooth extraction anymore=D

What do you do when there is no mirror? I feel an iPhone commercial coming on:)