Pictures/Video

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday November 13

Top of the day to you all,
Beginning to miss home.... just a little=)
But am really feeling part of the town and local community.
I haven't done a lot of "tourist" type stuff but really enjoy experiencing what the locals do on an everyday basis. But, I am planning a few day safari to go see the animals in the wild.

OH! I HAVE THE WORST NEWS! My rationing management committee are getting fired for their poor use of goods. I have finished 80% of my granola and health bars and am not half way done my trip!! AAAHH! If I die from this calamity, I want a cedar casket and my mom to sing at my funeral=D jk jk.... Just means I will need to eat more peanut butter and honey=)

The pic above is the big news at Tigoni right now. The "nursery" is where the premature babies are. Even before the infection started we would have to scrub hands/arms and put on slippers prior to entering the nursery. Now, several of the babies of an infection that is contagious and so alert is high to not spread it around the hospital.
I have seen all sorts of horrible cases (some don't fit the standards of this family-friendly show), but one stands out. A young boy that was born with his hip and knee joints facing his back. In other words, his calf (lower leg) extends away from him instead of behind him and his toes face behind him. If you haven't noticed, I have mostly been working with children. I love paediatrics 100 times more than the general ward. Next week I may start working more in the maternity and surgical departments, but I love the kids and the kids love me.... obviously, who doesn't like playing soccer in the hospital!?! haha
Also, a volunteer at our compound, named Carris, got some sort of infection/bite in her eye. They both swelled up to where she could barely see light when she opened her eyes. Had everyone a little agitated  about bugs=) But they are a protein-saturated snack for me=D

I also attached a short clip of myself and several other young people singing a special at church last Sunday. For now, I am scheduled to speak at Brother Jimmy Kilonzo's church this Sunday and then Brother Wakhanu's the Sunday after that.