Pictures/Video

Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday November 15

Howdy do!

Life is good at 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hope I am missing out on snow back home=)
Let me give you a little insight into my evening...
Before I go to bed I must perform the following duties in order to kill all bugs/mosquitoes in the room.
THERE IS NOTHING WORSE than the zzzzZZZZzzzz of a mosquito passing your ear just as you are dosing off. Even with anti-malaria pills I am not a fan of sleeping with mosquitoes.

Routine:
1) Kill all bugs in sight.
2) Turn room light off, turn bathroom light on... Mosquitoes follow light.
3) Close bathroom door and trap any mosquitoes inside=)
4) Turn iPhone on and wait for a couple more bugs to "appear" near light of phone... note: stay close to light switch
5) Quickly turn on the room light and repeat step one.... KILL EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!
6) Enjoy the zzzzz of slumber.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting Brother Jimmy in Nairobi and he will take me to his home. I am speaking at his church in Machakos Sunday... Planning for title to be "Make Way for Liberty!" (Text: Rev 5 and story of Arnold Von Winkleried) ... I will try and get some video of the service to post on the blog.
God is moving amazingly here and I probably am only seeing the tip of iceberg. Not this Sunday, but the one after, I will taking a service just for all the local youth... I am excited about this since I have really got a burden for them (I can explain when I get back=).

I also gave business advice for the first time today=) An acquaintance of Brother Wanjaria owns a bakery and is revising his business model to make it more profitable. Just in case you didn't know, I love doing that sort of thing=) We are gonna meet again next week for more advice and he is gonna pay us back by showing us how to make yoghurt... I CANT WAIT!=D

Whoever thought that I would be witnessing to Americans in Africa?!?!
Well it happened today. Brother Leonard had come in contact with several American medical volunteers that were on a church youth trip. I went to visit it them (about 40min drive from Kikuyu (home)). They were the first North American's I have seen since getting here and so it was nice to talk about American sports as well as talk fast, without worrying about language deficiencies=) After that, I witnessed to them of the Message for over an hour and they had many questions. Who knows where it will end... Got contact info and are planning to get together with them again. Also, some of them are not medical students but rather just pray for those in the hospitals. I am planning on joining them to do that one of these days. 
I know I am being guided by "an unseen hand," and your prayers are having a real effect.


These are Masai singers/dancers at the public market Thursday.
I really enjoyed talking to all the vendors this time since I am a lot more comfortable with pushy sales people than last week=)

Early this morning, Friday, I went to Michelangelo (the recreational facility) and studied for Sunday service in Machakos. Then Brother Wanjaria and Brother Leonard (pastor) took me for a drive.

Saw a few of my relatives along the roadside=)


This is a Catholic Church built by Italian prisoners of war in 1942. 


Inside the church.

This is where I studied and where we had dinner. It is called the Sunset Deck at Michelangelo. Brother Wanjaria has several employees working at Michelangelo... He pays them approximately $2 USD equivalent per day (an average wage for a general worker here).... and they work HARD in the heat.