Pictures/Video

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday November 17


WOW! 
Lots has happened the past two days. The following post can't contain half the stories and certainly doesn't convey the life changing experiences that have happened in past 48 hours.
So on Saturday I studied all morning and then went on bus for over 2 hours to get to Machakos, where Brother Jimmy Kilonzo is at. Spent Saturday evening with Brother Jimmy and another minister, as well as his son, Elijah, 25. We went for bite to eat and then they showed me the church they are building. (Currently their church is over flowing with people outside under tents.) They also toured the town with me. Machakos is about 70km from Nairobi and is an even poorer place due to lack of jobs and resources; however, all the believers seem very content and happy. Went back to Brother Jimmy's house and had fellowship (absolutely wonderful)… and then ate dinner after 10pm=) 
They got a hotel for me and so I went back their late Saturday. This was a REAL African hotel. Was a great experience and I have lots of stories about it. Didn't sleep much though=)
I don't have any pics of hotel or many of Sunday services because my phone battery died=( Paul got some pics for me though.
I thought I was going to speak Sunday morning, but last minute found out that I was going to speak Sunday evening. But in the end it all worked out for the good, and was able to hear Brother Jimmy speak in the morning. Had an incredible service in the evening that I geared to the young people. Felt to go in another direction during Sunday afternoon and it was totally out of my control. Brother Jimmy asked me to come back Sunday after next to take a couple more services. I LOVED THE MACHAKOS CHURCH and gladly accepted…. Rest of my Sundays in Africa are booked to speak=)
On the drive back from Machakos we came across a huge accident. A matatu (bus) had crashed with truck and had multiple fatalities. Road accidents are prevalent here and thus traffic jams are too. Not gonna lie, I get a little nervous on the roads here=) As we were going through Nairobi we passed a stadium where a soccer game had just finished. The game had been between two tribes. Paul said it is normal for them to riot after… and thats exactly what we saw. Pretty amazing=)
Came home and the housekeeper, Ann, wanted to hear about the services. I gave her a 15-20 minute sermon=)
Also, I started doing something I love but haven't done for years…. writing=)
I actually started writing a book=) Great way to relax after a long day at the clinic or speaking.
This doesn't scratch the surface… I am excited to see what is going to happen the next few weeks… Seems like the Lord is making each service/day better and better. I STILL EXPECT THE GREAT!
PS: Some Pics below are from Paul


Brother Jimmy is a HUGE blessing to the local believers and has printed books and complied quote books on subjects for many many years. A pleasure to sit and learn from!


View from church.
Pics of the church building they are in progress with. They are just about to put roof on and then they will move in and do finishing touches as they get funds.




 Outdoor market in Machakos... met several believers here... including a chicken butcher. Gave us a chicken for dinner=) Talk about fresh!

Front portion of congregation... Almost 300 believers I would say with the overflow outside.



Yours truly and Brother Jimmy. An honour to be with him.

Bit of a small platform for my pacing back and forth=) Was behind pulpit for max 2 minutes=) Looks like I join Brother Kyle with "bad pulpit manners" =D
I drenched my shirt in sweat... very warm!

One with guitar is Brother Jimmy's son, Elijah. He is almost done his business degree and is gifted musician and song leader. Notice the tie came off right after the service=)

Brother Joshua on left (minister). Paul on the right. Pic was taken while in a traffic jam=) yes, we actually parked, got out, and took pics while waiting=)


Shook the hand of every person in the church. They line up and you just go right down the line=)