Pictures/Video

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday November 5


Just a quick update.
A few days ago a boy (about 7-8 yrs old) came into the clinic.
Let me warn you…. the following paragraph contain scenes of graphic pain and horror. Viewer discretion is advised=)
The boy had been thrown into a fire at school. Both his legs and back were burnt VERY badly. He came in and the wounds were open, dirty, and oozing. I had to clean him up because the doctor was busy doing surgery. One of the hardest things I have done so far…
The poor kid was in incredible pain when he came in. I had to put betadine (antiseptic) on the wounds and clean them out with gauze. Touching the burn only compounded the pain and he screamed historically. I had a couple of the other volunteers hold him down so I could clean and then bandage all the wounds.
I did Facetime for BCA senior devotions the other day. My dad's subject was "Do We Have it Too Good?' After seeing kids like this one at the clinic I have to say "Yes, we do." My little issues and problems don't mean a whole lot in comparison.
Also, helped Dr. George take a large growth out of mans ear. Very interesting. The guy just sat in his chair. One shot of local anesthetic, 30 minute operation, 10 sutures…. The guy must have been in serious pain but all he did was curl his toes. HIGH pain tolerance! Learning how to suture was cool.
I am getting ready for Sunday service… my study desk is my bunk bed. Looking forward to it! Still not 100% sure on the subject.
Volunteers here are pretty awesome. Makes me feel better about the future of the world=) lol
They are very giving and caring. A couple of the guys bought a welding machine for one of the older orphans so that he can make a living for himself and his siblings. The girls just bought 40 pairs of shoes for all the young orphans. Another of the orphanages is ran by an old grandmother and ran out of money for food last week. Volunteers pitched in to go grocery shopping for them.
Tomorrow evening, I will be going to Nairobi for a church fellowship. WIll post some pics of the believers.
I will post a video on Sunday with everything else that has been going on this week as well as video of Brother Kamwati's church, our special, and my speaking.
Later! And thank you for your prayers.