Pictures/Video

Friday, November 22, 2013

Saturday November 23

Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't posted for so long. I guess I am adjusting to Africa time.... not!=) Some things happened, one of which was my laptop battery dying. I think there was a power surge when I was charging it and it fried the battery. But all is well=) I will gets pics up soon and hopefully I can get the laptop fixed since it is easier to post pics/video using it.
Anyway, it has been a fun week.
Yesterday, I went to the college graduation of a young person in the church.
She was graduating with a commerce degree at KCA (one of the nation's most respected business schools. The ceremony was long but is a big deal here and many thousands of people were there. After the ceremony there was a reception-like party at a nearby resort. I was asked to give a short "motivational/inspirational" speech, which I did. I spoke for maybe just 10-15 mins. It was the first time I told my story of my education and business stuff in public. Got a lot of positive feedback and I many felt challenged and inspired. They really liked my saying "The main thing, is to keep the Main Thing, the main thing" and it's become somewhat of a catch phrase with the young people that were there=)
We also, visited Westgate, the mall that had a terrorist attack a few months ago.
Last night I stayed over at Paul's house and today am studying for tomorrow's service. It is going to be a special service after the morning service, just for all the young people around the area. I am looking forward to it a lot! Am planning on speaking on "Pilate's Judgment Hall." Several of the young men have talked to me and expressed the way the Lord is moving/dealing with the young people. Very thankful for that.
I only have one more week in Kikuyu and volunteering. I am planning to go with Dr. Collins, a brother in the church, to several different hospitals in Nairobi. Then the following weekend I will be going to speak in Machakos and then.... taking a holiday the last week! I CANT WAIT. I have booked a treehouse accommodation overlooking Diani Beach... at a tiny fraction of what it would cost in US=) Diani Beach is about a 10 hr bus ride from Kikuyu and is a very popular tourist destination. The beach is rated one of the best in the world and the volunteers that have been there said it is to die for! It will be great to get rested up before heading home. I have been getting videos and updates from Cloverdale and am happy to see the Lord moving mightily the same way He is here, especially among the YP.
I will get pics and stuff up later.
And once again, thank you for your prayers, they have been felt very much!