Pictures/Video

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday December 4

Hey everybody! I only got 3 more days in Africa! Truly bittersweet:) Looking forward to homemade salsa, ice cream, muffins, granola etc etc... Oh and seeing you guys too:) 

First off, sorry I don't have pics/video:( I have had some "technical" difficulties but will show you them all when I get back. I got awesome pics of beach and Bro Ken got a lot of pics from Sunday trip to Machakos.

So, once again plans changed, and I decided last minute to go to Diani Beach. Some of the other volunteers were heading there and I felt more safe being in a group. We left Monday at 9pm on bus from Nairobi. Arrived in DianiBeach 9am Tuesday morning. Was expecting to stay there till Thursday but got a call from Brother Kamwati asking me if I would take the Wednesday night service. So I spent 10hrs in Diani and then got back on the bus and came back to Nairobi. The bus ride was fun... Or interesting:) on the way, we had to wait for over and hour because road closed due to armed robbers laying spike strips on road ahead. On way back, were delayed due to mechanical issues... If you saw the buses you wouldn't be surprised. The stay in Diani was short but just what I needed. Was able to relax in the over 90 F weather and get my voice back. Something about palm trees that soothes the nerves and warms the soul:) Diani is like a whole other world compared to Nairobi... Lots of white people (mizungu's) and not nearly as much crime/theft. Stayed for the day at a place called Southbeach Backpackers which was super cool... Pics will do better job of describing it. The ultimate chill out and do nothing place:) (not to mention hanging out with my monkey relatives:)....took a long jog on the white, sandy beach which was nearly disserted. Note to fellow vacationers: running in ankle deep water and having your feet sink 10-12 inches in sand is a GREAT workout!:) 
This evening I will be speaking at Brother Kamwati's and then tomorrow night in Kikuyu. I haven't slept much last two nights from bus rides but feel much stronger after relaxing yesterday. 
Has been a great stirring here, especially in the youth.... All the youth are getting me a couple shirts and then putting their signatures all over them :) Best souvenir ever!!
Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday in Cloverdale!

Pics from Machakos service on Sunday...
Above are the ministers during the service.

Brother Jimmy interpretted for me.

 Southbeach Backpackers Resort
Life is good in Africa=) 

Diani Beach=)