Pictures/Video

Thursday, December 5, 2013

LAST DAY IN AFRICA!

LAST day in Africa!
It has already been 6 weeks since I got here! And tonight I leave Nairobi and head home.
They tried to convince me to stay a little longer and wait for their youth convention later in December, but home is where the heart is... And no matter where I go in the world, home is in Blaine, WA, USA:)
Last night I spoke on "Birthrights to the Hidden Manna"... I was tired but had great time. I actually stayed behind the pulpit most the time:) I then  went to a brother's house, Tonnie Muli, for dinner and spent the night there as well. Today I am going to Brother Tonnie's dentist practice and then headin back to Kikuyu to pack my luggage. Today will be filled with lots of running and exercise to get ready for the next 30 hrs of sittin on plane and in airports... Oh and will be busy finishing my peanut butter and honey:) this evenin I will be going for dinner at Pastor Wakhanu's house and then leaving for the airport. 
This has been an amazing trip! I know it is cliché... But it has certainly been a life changing experience. I could write a thesis on the way it has changed who I am.... But I won't:) I have never been super patriotic but I certainly love North America more after this trip. I realize the little blessings that we have that I have always taken for granted... Things like good roads, safety, and reliable electric to name a few. Seeing the pain and poverty of the children at the hospitals was an unforgettable experience, not to mention all the medical stuff I learnt and how their healthcare/medicine is different here.
I guess I can tell you all something I have kept secret for a while. I didn't share on the blog because I didn't want to get anyone worried... And send me "come home!" emails:)
On my third week here I was robbed on the matatu (public transport). They took my external hard drive (with 320gb of school/speaking docs) and cash by distracting me. Last week, I got robbed again by the same gang... This time by force. I guess its not really by force though, Its not like i was gonna fight them anyways... I have heard too many at-gunpoint stories to do that:) They got my iPhone, which by the way was nearly brand new:) So forgive me for being deceptive when I said I was having "technical difficulties" and couldn't put pics/video up.... Truth is, I got my phone stolen:)
Honestly though, it was just part of what made this trip life changing and will cause me to enjoy the feeling in US where I am not constantly on guard in public. I wasn't "mad" after getting robbed.... Ok, take that back... I was for about 10mins after my phone got stolen:) I realized it was just Satan, and he was not happy with me:) First two weeks I didn't speak here. The week after I spoke the first time, I got robbed:) Then a few weeks later, I started preaching 3-4X per week and got my iPhone stolen. Thanks be to God, we have started a revival and nothing makes me happier to think the Devil loses sleep over me:) Now you know why I always said I could feel your prayers; it was times like this that could've got ugly.... Thank you SO MUCH!
The youth have really been challenged, especially by the few youth services we had. They are really stepping it up and being musicians, sound/video guys, and song leaders. Last night Jerry, 18, sing led for the first time.
I look forward to being in Cloverdale and if I am dozing off in church Sunday, do realize that I am arriving Saturday night, am on an 11hr time change, have got a combined leas than 20hrs of sleep this whole week, and spoke 5 times in the past 8 days:) haha
See you all soon!